Hispanic Heritage Month
Toyota is proud to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month, Sept. 15 – Oct. 15, paying tribute to the generation of Latino Americans who have helped enrich and shape our nation and our communities.
Hispanic Heritage Month was first recognized in 1968, recognizing the anniversaries of independence in the month of September of eight Latin American countries – Mexico, Chile, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. Today, there are more than 55 million Latinos in the U.S., accounting for 17 percent of the nation’s total population, and nearly 40 percent of California’s population.
The Hispanic community has profoundly influenced the U.S. through its culture, rooted in family, faith, hard work and customer loyalty. Toyota can attest to this, as the number one automotive brand in the Hispanic market for more than 17 years.
As a brand driven by diversity and inclusion, Toyota embraces the many cultures and customs its customers represent. Through the years, Toyota has understood the importance of engaging with the Latino community and created culturally relevant and in-language campaigns that engaged them through everyday life experiences. As we celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month, we invite you to learn more about Toyota’s footprint in the Latino community, including:
- An award-winning national advertising campaign, Mas Que Un Auto
- Named one of LATINO Magazine’s Top 100 Companies for Latinos for five consecutive years
- Juntos Somos Imparables community engagement series with award-winning Latina journalist Neida Sandoval
- Longstanding national partnership with leading Latino advocacy organization, Unidos US (formerly National Council of La Raza)
- Engagements with some of the most popular brands and celebrities in Latin entertainment, including People en Español, Univision’s ‘La Banda’, ESPN Deportes, Ricky Martin, J. Balvin and Becky G, among others
Happy National Hispanic Heritage Month!