Whether you’re a commuter or a weekend warrior, there’s a Toyota vehicle to meet your needs. You may have noticed the Toyota TRD badge on certain models in the lineup, but what does that actually mean for different models? If you’re purchasing an SUV like the Toyota 4Runner, TRD badging tells you that the vehicle is specially equipped for off-roading. Explore Toyota TRD with Santa Margarita Toyota, and then visit our model showroom near Mission Viejo to learn more.
What Does Toyota TRD Stand For?
TRD stands for Toyota Racing Development. Toyota created this special branch to aid in the development of competitive racing interests worldwide, but it also serves as a performance tuning division for the Toyota lineup. TRD is centered around suspension upgrades, but the three available TRD grades also feature upgrades for your vehicle’s exterior styling and interior.
Toyota TRD Grades
So, what can a Toyota 4Runner TRD do for your Lake Forest drive? TRD features will vary depending on your Toyota model and the TRD grade you choose. Take a look below to see what features are included with the TRD Sport, TRD Off-Road, and TRD Pro grades:
Toyota TRD Sport
- TRD graphics
- Integrated wide-angle fog lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Hood scoop (non-functional)
Toyota TRD Off-Road
- Special TRD-tuned off-road suspension
- Greater approach angle (from 29 degrees to 32 degrees)
- Crawl Control (off-roading cruise control)
- Electronically locking rear differential
- Inclinometer with roll/pitch displays
- TRD Off-Road Graphics
- Multi-terrain Select
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Wide-angle fog lights
- Bilstein shocks
Toyota TRD Pro
- Thicker front skid plate
- TRD Pro Cat-back Exhaust
- 35-degree approach angle
- TRD Pro leather shift knob
- 16-inch TRD Pro black alloy wheels
- Heritage-inspired “Toyota” front grille
- Special TRD-tuned off-road suspension with a 1-inch lift
- TRD Pro graphic on the floor mats and black leather-trimmed seats
- Fox Internal Bypass coil-over springs and rear remote reservoir shocks
- Available power moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, and driver assist features
Which Toyota TRD Grade is Right for Me?
- The TRD Sport equips your Toyota model with a sport-tuned suspension and TRD-themed exterior styling upgrades, so it’s a good choice if you’re looking for the benefits of an upgraded suspension but don’t need an extensive performance upgrade.
- Trail-driving enthusiasts may want to upgrade with the TRD Off-Road for a wider selection of off-roading performance features.
- At the TRD Pro grade, you’ll enjoy the performance features of the TRD Off-Road, plus a full suite of comfort and convenience features for an upgrade on and off the trail in Ladera Ranch.
Explore Toyota TRD Features With Santa Margarita Toyota
If you’re thinking that a TRD upgrade could be what you’re looking for, stop by our dealership in Rancho Santa Margarita to see what these vehicles can do! Our team of experienced auto experts is here to help you build a Toyota 4Runner TRD that meets your needs and budget. Apply for financing online and contact us to get started today!